Public Automobile Insurance Plan
Reimbursement of Medication
If you were injured in a traffic accident, the SAAQ may reimburse certain medications.
What you should know
We offer an automated reimbursement service for your medication at the pharmacy.
To be eligible for automated reimbursement
- You must have a compensation file with the SAAQ.
- We must have your Health Insurance Number.
- The medication must be prescribed to treat an injury that is directly related to your traffic accident.
- The prescribed medication must be included in the list of medications covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ)'s basic drug insurance plan. Your physician is familiar with this list.
When you get your medication at the pharmacy
- You must inform your pharmacist that you are a traffic accident victim and show your Health Insurance Card.
- The pharmacist has access to the list of eligible medications.
- He or she will give you a receipt indicating whether the reimbursement was approved or denied.
- If the reimbursement is approved, you will receive your medication free of charge.
- If the reimbursement is denied, we will send you a letter explaining why within days of the first purchase of the medication.
Do you have any questions?
We are there to help you. Phone us, and we will give you all the information that applies to your situation. If need be, we will put you in contact with your compensation officer.
Last update: May 17, 2022