Canadian or Foreign Driver's Licence

If you hold a valid driver’s licence issued by another Canadian province or territory or another country, you can drive in Québec for six consecutive months. After that time, you must hold an international driving permit.  

If you decide to settle in Québec, you must obtain a Québec licence. You can apply for your licence as soon as you arrive.

Special measures have been put in place for individuals arriving from Ukraine. For more information, call us at:

  • 514-954-7771 (Montréal area)
  • 1-888-356-6616 (elsewhere in Québec)

Select the answer that applies to your situation

You are a…

Last update: July 11, 2022