Passing the road test
Duration: 30 minutes
To take it, you must have:
- passed the driving course.
- held your learner's licence for at least 12 months.
- passed the knowledge test.
- registered online or by phone for your appointment.
To be well-prepared:
- drive as often as possible.
- drive in various conditions and settings (at night, when it rains, etc.).
- consult the Road Access Binder, Driving a Passenger Vehicle and the Driver's Handbook.
To bring to the exam
- Your learner's licence
- Your identity card issued by the SAAQ (if you have one)
- One piece of identification
- Consent from your parents (if you are under 18)
- A certificate attesting that you have passed a driving course
- Payment for:
- the examination fees
- the probationary licence
- A vehicle (with valid registration and proof of insurance)
To pass, you must:
- comply with the Highway Safety Code (road signs, speed limits, etc.).
- pay attention to what is happening on the road.
- keep a safe distance from the other vehicles.
- signal your intentions at the appropriate time.
- anticipate potentially dangerous situations.
- pay extra close attention to cyclists and pedestrians.
- cooperate with others and share the road.
Passing grade: 75% or more
Certain serious mistakes will lead to automatic failure (actions or behaviours that lead to dangerous situations or offences against the Highway Safety Code).