Registering a Vehicle


You must have a civil liability insurance policy contracted from a private insurer providing minimum coverage of $50,000 for:

  • a hand-crafted vehicle
  • a vehicle with a net weight of 450 kg or less, other than a moped or motorized scooter or a tool vehicle

If you own a snowmobile with a net weight of over 450 kg, this civil liability insurance policy must provide a minimum coverage of $1,000,000.

Last update: September 12, 2021