Registering a Vehicle

Before registration

To register a motor home to a business

The business must be registered with the Registraire des entreprises (enterprise register), because you need to provide your Québec enterprise number (NEQ) to register your motor homeA motor vehicle permanently converted into living quarters..

Registration in the Registre des propriétaires et des exploitants de véhicules lourds (register of owners and operators of heavy vehicles)

The business must be registered in the register of owners and operators of heavy vehicles of the Commission des transports du Québec (CTQ) if it owns a motor home with a gross vehicle weight ratingA vehicle's weight, including its maximum load capacity, according to the manufacturer's specifications. of 4,500 kg or more.

If the business purchasing the motor home is not registered with the CTQ, it may still register the vehicle, but it cannot put it into operation.

Mechanical inspection

You must present a valid mechanical inspection certificate to put the motor home into operation if it belongs to one of the 3 following categories:

  • it is used and comes from outside Québec
  • it has been in storage for more than 12 months
  • it has been prohibited from road use for more than 12 months

Last update: May 16, 2022