Registering a Vehicle


You must have a civil liability insurance policy contracted from a private insurer providing minimum coverage of $1 million.

If you are not insured and you are pulled over by the police or involved in a traffic accident that causes more than $500 in damage to the propery of another party:

  • your driver's licence or your right to obtain one may be suspended
  • all of your vehicles may be prohibited from road use
  • you will be fined $750 to $7,300

Last update: May 13, 2022