Buses and Minibuses

Transportation of Passengers Outside Québec

Owners and operators of buses and minibuses used for transportation outside Québec are required to comply with the IFTA and the IRP and ensure their drivers are in good health.

International Registration Plan (IRP)

If you transport passengers outside Québec using a bus or a minibus, you are required to have it registered in the International Registration Plan (IRP).

International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)

Operators who carry out transportation of passengers outside Québec are required to comply with the International Fuel Tax Agreement.

Driving in the United States

US regulations regarding the health of bus and minibus drivers are different from Québec regulations.

As of January 1, 2016, IRP registration is mandatory for buses travelling outside Québec.

If you travel in another province or in an American state, other authorizations or permits may be required. Find out before setting out!

Last update: March 11, 2023