Buses and Minibuses
Enriched Heavy Vehicle Driver Training Program
The Programme enrichi d'accès à la conduite de véhicules lourds (enriched heavy vehicle driver training program) is a program that aims to enable approximately 300 17-and-18-year-old drivers obtain a Class 1, 2 or 3 driver's licence.
Candidates must attend a tailored training program and take part in a training period with a view to facilitating their employment integration. This program allows young drivers to begin safely driving heavy vehicles on the road network sooner.
Eligibility criteria (young drivers)
- Be 17 or 18 years old.
- Hold a Class 5 probationary licence.
- Have a driving record with no demerit points and no licence suspensions or revocations (cancellations) in the last 2 years.
- Meet the admission requirements of the Transport par camion (truck driving) DEP or the Conduite d'autobus (bus driving) AEP vocational studies program.
- Be promised a training period by a business that qualifies for the program.
- Attend an information session in either of the two designated transport training centres.
- Meet the medical requirements for obtaining a heavy vehicle driver’s licence.
- Authorize the communication of personal information between the SAAQ and the training centre.
Eligibility criteria (businesses offering a training period)
- Have a “satisfactory” safety rating with no interventions by the SAAQ in the last 2 years.
- Have enough qualified employees (who have received training on the enriched program, among other things) to ensure all students are supervised and accompanied.
- Implement a gradual employment integration program and accept students in keeping with that program.
- File the students’ assessment reports by the prescribed deadlines.
This program will end on April 8, 2020.
- Turn participants into professional drivers who adopt safe, cooperative and responsible behaviour on the road.
- Render them capable of efficiently carrying out the duties of their profession.
- Facilitate their professional integration.
- Help them continually improve their professional knowledge.
For more information
Contact either of the two transport training centres that offer the program:
Centre de formation en transport de Charlesbourg
M. René Tremblay
418 634-5580, extension 3599
1 866 849-5580
firstname.lastname@example.orgCe lien ouvrira votre logiciel de messagerie par défaut.
Centre de formation en transport routier de Saint-Jérôme
Mme Katya Dulac
450 435-0167, extension 7063
email@example.comCe lien ouvrira votre logiciel de messagerie par défaut.