Enriched Heavy Vehicle Driver Training Program
The Programme enrichi d'accès à la conduite de véhicules lourds (enriched heavy vehicle driver training program) is a program that aims to enable approximately 300 17-and-18-year-old drivers obtain a Class 1, 2 or 3 driver's licence.
Candidates must attend a tailored training program and take part in a training period with a view to facilitating their employment integration. This program allows young drivers to begin safely driving heavy vehicles on the road network sooner.
Please note that no new enrollments are accepted at the moment.
Eligibility criteria (young drivers)
- Be 17 or 18 years old.
- Hold a Class 5 probationary licence.
- Have a driving record with no demerit points and no licence suspensions or revocations (cancellations) in the last 2 years.
- Meet the admission requirements of the Transport par camion (truck driving) DEP or the Conduite d'autobus (bus driving) AEP vocational studies program.
- Be promised a training period by a business that qualifies for the program.
- Attend an information session in either of the two designated transport training centres.
- Meet the medical requirements for obtaining a heavy vehicle driver’s licence.
- Authorize the communication of personal information between the SAAQ and the training centre.
Eligibility criteria (businesses offering a training period)
- Have a “satisfactory” safety rating with no interventions by the SAAQ in the last 2 years.
- Have enough qualified employees (who have received training on the enriched program, among other things) to ensure all students are supervised and accompanied.
- Implement a gradual employment integration program and accept students in keeping with that program.
- File the students’ assessment reports by the prescribed deadlines.
This program ended on April 8, 2020. However, current participants are authorized to finish the program. As such, they may continue using their attestations and benefit from the associated conditions until they finish their program of studies.
- Turn participants into professional drivers who adopt safe, cooperative and responsible behaviour on the road.
- Render them capable of efficiently carrying out the duties of their profession.
- Facilitate their professional integration.
- Help them continually improve their professional knowledge.
For more information
Contact either of the two transport training centres that offer the program:
Centre de formation en transport de Charlesbourg
Mr. René Tremblay
418-634-5580, extension 3599
firstname.lastname@example.orgCe lien ouvrira votre logiciel de messagerie par défaut.
Centre de formation en transport routier de Saint-Jérôme
Mr. René Labrie
450-435-0167, extension 7144
email@example.comCe lien ouvrira votre logiciel de messagerie par défaut.