Step 2 Claim for compensation in the event of a hit-and-run

    • Documents to provide

      • Authorization to Obtain and Disclose Personal Information in the Case of Property Damage form
      • Claim for Property Damage form
      • Section of your automobile insurance policy indicating the amounts of the applicable deductibles at the time of the accident and the vehicle model
      • Incident report (if police officers did not go to the scene of the accident)

      Optional documents to provide

      • A damage assessment report from a professional, a supplier or a contractor, if the damaged property is not a vehicle
      • Photographs of the damage to your vehicle or property

You can:

Contact us


In Québec: 418 643-7620
In Montréal: 514 873-7620
Elsewhere (Québec, Canada, United States): 1 800 361-7620


To submit your documents


Québec area: 418 646-6818
Elsewhere: 1 866 882-6964


Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec
C. P. 19150, succursale Terminus
Québec (Québec) G1K 9C3