Road Safety Record
The annual road safety record presents the number of victims involved in traffic accidents on Québec roads over the 6 previous years. It includes detailed statistics based on the types of injuries sustained, types of road users, age groups, and regions.
2020 Road Safety Record
In 2020, the number of traffic accident victims fell significantly compared to 2019.
Here are the main points of the record:
- 340 people were killed on our roads, 9 more than in 2019; however, this corresponds to a 2.2% decrease compared to the 2015-2019 average. The number of fatalities:
- among 15- to 24-year-olds decreased by 7.0% compared to 2019
- among victims aged 75 or older decreased by 12.0% compared to 2019
- among motorcyclists increased by 48.9% compared to 2019
- among pedestrians decreased by 26.1% compared to 2019
- among cyclists increased by 75.0% compared to 2019
- 1,165 people sustained serious injuries, which corresponds to 165 fewer victims than in 2019. This is a 20.3% decrease compared to the 2015-2019 average
- 22,966 people sustained minor injuries, which corresponds to 10,461 fewer victims than in 2019. This is a 33.9% decrease compared to the 2015-2019 average
To learn more, see the Bilan routier 2020 – Faits saillants (PDF, 491.3 ko) and the Bilan routier 2020 – Annexes (PDF, 365.8 ko) (documents available in French only).
Explore the 2020 road safety record statistics on a map.
Road Safety Record Archives
Find the road safety records from previous years in the “Espace recherche” section (in French only).
Last update: May 16, 2022