This publication is a digest of what you need to know about:
- drivers and their responsibilities;
- driver’s licences;
- vehicle registration;
- traffic rules and regulations;
- regulations regarding road vehicles and equipment;
- road signs and traffic signals in Québec;
- offences and their consequences;
- measures and protections in the event of an accident.
This guide provides all road users, whether they are pedestrians, cyclists, passengers or drivers of any type of vehicle, with a summary of their responsibilities, rights and obligations in order to share the road cooperatively.
Driving a Passenger Vehicle
This guide is for learner drivers looking for information about driving an automobile, including proper techniques and safe conduct on the road.The six chapters cover:
- The basic manoeuvres for controlling a vehicle;
- A visual scanning method to see everything that is happening on the road;
- More complex driving techniques for special circumstances, such as in poor weather conditions or when unexpected events occur;
- Road safety tips;
- Energy-saving and eco-friendly tips;
- Evaluation exercises to check your knowledge.
Operating a Moped or Scooter
This guide is for learner drivers looking for information about moped and motorized scooter driving techniques.The first 8 sections cover various aspects of driving a moped or motorized scooter. The 9th
and final section is a questionnaire to test your knowledge. The entire activity is designed to let you work at your own pace, either alone or with a friend.
Operating a Motorcycle
This publication is for learner drivers looking for information about motorcycle riding techniques.Readers can progressively learn about how to prepare to operate a motorcycle. Rules and safety tips are presented in addition to riding techniques.Risks, unexpected situations and how to deal with them are also covered. Lastly, since riding with others is also part of the fun, tips on how to ride as a group and with passengers are also included.
Driving a Heavy Vehicle (2016 edition)
Driving a heavy vehicle is a complex and demanding task.Throughout their career, professional drivers face a variety of situations where they must make decisions based on their knowledge and skills. It is essential that they be familiar with traffic and motor transport rules and regulations. This guide provides a host of relevant information on the subject.