Modes of Transportation – On a Motorcycle
Motorcycle Safety Days
Need practice before the upcoming motorcycle season?
Take part in the Motorcycle Safety Days, organized in collaboration with the Fédération motocycliste du Québec (FMQ)! Various workshops will help you learn to control your motorcycle, perfect your skills, and gain confidence.
Motorcycle safety days
Saturday, May 23, 2020 – Cancelled
Brossard-Chevrier Park and Ride
4700, boulevard Lapinière, Brossard
Saturday, May 30, 2020 – Cancelled
Saint-Jérôme Road Transport Training Centre
17000, rue Aubin, Mirabel
Saturday, June 13, 2020 – Cancelled
Centre de formation en transport de Charlesbourg
700, rue de l’Argon, Québec
- Welcome to participants, quick inspection of their motorcycles and protective gear
- Workshop: Driving in a curve (analysis and trajectory)
- Workshop: Emergency braking techniques
- Workshop: Counterbalancing techniques
- Use of sound level meters to measure the sound of participants’ motorcycles.
You can register for the workshops on the FMQ website (in French only). The workshops are free.
Practical workshop rules
- You must use your own motorcycle for the practical workshops.
- Your motorcycle must be in good condition and must not have any leaks.
- Tire wear must not be excessive: tires must not have visible tread wear or cracks and must be inflated to the right pressure.
- Your motorcycle must be registered for use on public roads.
- You must have a proof of insurance with you.
- You must hold a valid licence to operate a motorcycle (Class 6A learner’s licence, probationary licence or regular motorcycle licence).
During the practical workshops, you must wear:
- A helmet that meets safety standards
- Anti-skid motorcycle boots that cover your ankles
- A protective jacket
- Gloves that completely cover your hands
- Long pants designed for motorcycle riding
Passengers must wear the same protective gear.
You must follow instructions and stay within the track boundaries at all times.
Alcohol is prohibited.