Behaviours – Distractions
Conditions for Installing and Using Authorized Screens in a Vehicle
If you want to install and use a screen that displays information useful for driving, you must comply with the rules for doing so.
Required features and conditions that must be met when using a screen in a vehicle
- The screen must have control keys that are easy to locate, access and use.
- It must have a fixed mount that will hold it securely in place in the vehicle.
- It must be placed where you can view it easily.
The screen must not:
- Obstruct your field of vision or interfere with the operation of the vehicle.
- Conceal indicators on the vehicle's instrument panel, such as the speedometer.
- Prevent the operation of equipment or reduce its effectiveness, for example by interfering with airbag deployment or with the defrosting of windows in winter.
If the screen displays messages
- The messages must be short and easy to read so as to not interfere with your driving.
Program your screen in a safe place
In other words, program it before you take to the road!
If you have to handle the device during your trip, be sure to stop in a safe place where parking is permitted.