Do you require a special travel permit?

To operate an outsized or overloaded vehicle on the road network, a special travel permit is required. As of February 11, 2019, in order to obtain such a permit you must use the new online service on the website of the Ministère des Transports (in French only).

The Ministère’s new online service will be available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, which means you will no longer have to make a trip in order to obtain your special travel permit.

The SAAQ will no longer process applications for special travel permits.