With the arrival of the cold season, it is strongly recommended that you follow these winter safety tips:
- Between December 15 and March 15, equip your vehicle with four winter tires that meet established standards and are in good condition. This period may be longer depending on the region of Québec in which you live.
- Do a proper tune-up of your vehicle before the cold season hits.
- Plan your trips by consulting the Québec 511 website for information on road conditions.
- Completely remove all snow and ice from your vehicle before starting your trip.
- Reduce your speed and keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you, especially when visibility is reduced or when the roadway is slippery.
- Pay attention and be patient around snow removal vehicles.
- Reschedule your trip if road conditions are poor.
- Keep an emergency kit with you in your vehicle at all times.