You are a passenger, be part of the solution. You can influence the driver.
- Prevent your friends from driving if they have been drinking alcohol or taking drugs of any kind.
- Ask the driver to slow down. If that doesn't work, ask to get out of the vehicle.
- Suggest to the driver that you can answer any phone calls or texts.
Set an example!
- Always buckle your seat belt.
- Never get into a vehicle if the driver has consumed alcohol or drugs.
- Never consume drugs or alcohol in a vehicle.
Do not encourage the driver to break the law.
Road accidents are the leading cause of death for 15-24 year olds.