Obtaining a Licence

Registering for a driving course

Step 2 Registering for a driving course

To obtain a licence to drive a passenger vehicle, you must:

To learn more, see the Driving Course: Automobile.

If you are Deaf or Hard of Hearing

We pay for the services of certified sign-language interpreters for the theoretical parts of the driving course. 

To take advantage of this service, you can either contact us or contact or a sign-language interpretation service mandated by us in order to have the cost of an interpreter authorized. The mandated sign-language interpretation service must offer its services in the area in which the driving school is located. You must take your driving course in a driving school certified by the SAAQ.

Interpretation services mandated by the SAAQ:

Last update: January 26, 2022