Correcting Information on a Driver's Licence

If an error appears on your driver's licence or if you wish to change some information, you must notify the SAAQ.

To make corrections or changes to your driver's licence, you must go in person to one of our service outlets, except for a change of address.


If you are a Canadian citizen

Go in person to one of our service outlets and present the following documents:

  • your driver's licence
  • an original birth certificate issued by the Directeur de l'état civil (if you were born in Québec) or by the official issuing authority in the province or territory where you were born, or your Canadian Citizenship Certificate issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
  • a name or sex change certificate, if applicable

If you are not a Canadian citizen

  1. Phone us to make an appointment. The information clerk will analyze your request and tell you what documents to bring.
  2. Bring the following documents to the appointment:
    • your driver's licence
    • the original of the documents requested by the information clerk

The only change that can be made over the telephone is…

A change of address.

For any other requests, you need to go in person to one of our service outlets and present the documents required.

Last update: May 13, 2022